Saturday, November 10, 2012

It's November!! by Leonie Neal-Dawson



Yes its November and I'm scrapping pictures from February and March!
One day I'll catch up, if I keep telling myself this it will happen I know it will.

So here is my first layout to share with you today and it's of
one of my Twins on his birthday in
March this Year. 


First close-up is of the
I have blended three different inks to colour the frame and
added some extra detailing with a black journalling pen.


I used the Mini tags
 and a star from the Stars pack to make a banner. 
I think it looks quite cute. 
Covering some in paper and inking others
adding some journalling pen detail again.


For my title I used the lovely 
word-let, using the same inks as I had on the frame and using a brown 
ink on the word 'make'.


Lastly is the Corner Star Spray
again coloured in the green, orange and yellow to carry the colour theme through.



On to my second layout which is a photo of my family taken on 
my Parents Golden Wedding Anniversary
in February.


Apart from the title all the chipboard on this layout was coloured 
using paint daubers.
Here's a close up of the Doily 
I find paint daubers so easy to use on chipboard. Quick drying and I was able to achieve a nice
speckled effect by applying a lighter amount of pressure.


I thought the scallop border in the 12 x12 pack 
Borders Forever coordinated well with the other chipboard pieces 
I was using on this layout.


See the Doily Border tucked in under the layers of paper?
Two People fell in Love - I thought this title
quite appropriate with my Parents being surrounded by their four children, and grandchildren.
I painted it green and placed it over the second identical photo to 
make a bold statement.



My last layout today features the following Chipboard pieces
This layout was created for the Show Us Your Stuff challenge 
blog for their November challenge.


Here are a couple of close-ups.
The hexagon shapes come in a sheet loosely attached to each other 
so they made a great mask. I placed the hexagon sheet
down on my card stock and sprayed with black ink. That's how I got the 
hexagon pattern on the background. Then I proceeded to cover some of the 
individual hexagons with Washi tape.


So there you have it I hope there's one or two little ideas here you can use
on your next chipboard project.
If you want to see my other work featuring 2Crafty pop over to my blog 
Until next time cheers. :)